Monday, December 28, 2009

Challenge 1 - Shape eyebrows



















Okay, I admit it. My eyebrows are out of control. In fact, they always have been out of control. It is part of my DNA. I've tried plucking, but it hurts like crazy. Plus, my patience always runs out after one brow, and the one-eyebrow-plucked-one-eyebrow-not, is not an acceptable fashion statement.

Today, I have decided to do something about my eyebrows. That decision, plus the impending arrival of new years, prompted me to commit myself to doing 100 things that help me become my best me in 2010. Some will be big, some will be small. Some will be applicable to lots of people, and some will probably only be interesting to me.

Why is having properly shaped eyebrows so important? Having properly shaped eyebrows can really brighten up your face. When your eyebrows are properly shaped, your eyes appear more open, frame your face, and give your face a more polished look. This means, even when I forget to put on makeup when I leave the house, I won't look like a disheveled hobo.

Step 1: Decide what type of eyebrow shaping is right for you. Your choices are tweezing at home, home waxing (yikes), professional waxing, and eyebrow threading. I think waxing is right for me. And, as I alluded to earlier, I leave the hot wax to the professionals.

Step 2: Make an appointment. I have a million excuses not to do this, but the best thing to do is pick up the phone and start dialing. I just did. I have a great sense of accomplishment now.

Step 3: Evaluate how often you need to have this done to keep up your new, polished look. I'm hoping it is about 6 weeks for me, but with my eyebrows, it might be a lot less.

Congratulations, you just completed Challenge #1!

Challenge progress: 1/100/368

No comments:

Post a Comment