Saturday, December 12, 2009

CrockPot Apple Butter

Over the course of about 3 weeks, I had accumulated about 15 apples from the fruit and veggie box. We just can't eat that many apples. I had made applesauce a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to do something different.

One of my favorite new cookbooks is Make It Fast, Cook It Slow by Stephanie O'Dea, the author of the blog A Year of Crockpotting. I am totally addicted to my crockpot. I love the idea of putting some ingredients together in the morning and then having dinner magically appear in the evening.

Stephanie has a recipe for Apple Butter that is really easy and so delicious. The smell of the apples cooking all day long made the house smell so good. My almost two-year-old daughter loves bread, but I have a hard time getting her to eat any fruit. Now, I'm sure the sugar content has something to do with it, but she loves the apple butter. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment