Thursday, January 7, 2010

52 to Fabulous - A Good Start










I am blogging along with the women at 52 to Fabulous - a year's journey to a fabulous me! As I become my me, I definitely want to be fabulous, so this seems like a great start!

January's theme is Fabulous Beginnings. This week, I am thinking about what I want for me in the coming year.

My first, and most important, thing I want for myself this year is to improve my health. My health encompasses a lot of things including food, exercise, and time to myself.

I want to take a vacation with my family for at least a week. I haven't taken a vacation in four years and that is unacceptable. As a bonus, I would love to go visit my best friend by myself for a weekend.

I want to continue expressing my creativity through crafting. I have started knitting and I love it! I can't wait to learn more. I love paper crafting and my most recent discovery is crafting with felt. I would love to get my daughter crafting, too. I want to read as much as possible.

Finally, I want to make my home as inviting and comfortable as possible. I'd also like it to be as clean as possible!

These are my wants.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to have you join us! My daughter is a fibers major in college and works with felt a lot...loves it. She crochets too. I think I might pick that up!

    Here's to 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the best idea for a blog I've seen in a while!

    I'm intrigued by the idea of knitting but not sure it fits into things right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph! I'm still trying to find my focus.

    The only knitting project I have completed is a poncho for Katherine. The only problem is that she doesn't really like wearing it! I guess I should stick to making things for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list!!! I especially like the vacation plans...we won't be going for awhile yet, hopefully in a couple of years when the kiddies are abit older!!!

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a friend getaway! Good luck with your 52 weeks! You can see my list here:

    http://desireeallen.com/index.php/52-to-fabulous-week-1/

    ReplyDelete