Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And Now for the Needs

For the second week of 52 to Fabulous, I am looking at what I need in 2010.

First, to make a good beginning and to build a foundation for organization, I need to start writing down my thoughts, ideas, dreams, and to-do lists. Putting things down on paper is the best way I can put my dreams into action. Plus, if I have a short-term and long-term to-do list, I can make organizational progress on a day-to-day and broader level.

Next, I need to lose weight and exercise more. This is not just a want, but a need. I need to listen to the doctor. No excuses.

I also need to take more control of my financial situation. First, I need to educate myself on our family's finances (my husband is in charge of the finances) and then I need to develop a budget for my expenses.

I need to make my relationship with my husband a priority. I need to spend time with him without our daughter and we need to spend time away from his work.

Finally, I need to continue to work on making my home a place my family wants to be and a place that helps my family be the best it can be. This includes cleaning, happiness, and decorating.

Wow, that is a lot of needs. It is a good thing we have a plan on how to tackle everything!

Making Exercise a Regular Part of My Routine

As for my wants from last week, this week I am focusing on exercise. I live in Northern Illinois and it is freaking cold outside, so I have to exercise inside. My fabulous husband gave me a Wii for Christmas and have been exercising with it ever since.

This week, I am committing to exercising 5 days. A little flexibility is always good for me, but 5 days is still much better than I have been doing in the recent past. I do my exercise before I do almost anything on my to-do list for the day. For at least this week, exercise is almost my number one priority. (Of course, I do have to make breakfast for the Wee One first thing in teh morning.)

The best part is that with the Wii, I actually love working out. The Wee One loves running and jumping along with me. So far, so good.


3 comments:

  1. You know, with so many of us listing keeping up on our homes as a priority, I wonder why we are so hard on ourselves... ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a good idea to know what's going on with your money! Sounds like you're doing well with the exercise =] Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started writing down my goals and daily to-do lists. I think you are right, this does help a ton. It's nice to have down on paper and cross stuff off daily.

    ReplyDelete