Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Favorite Things


As the weekend begins, I thought I would share a few of my favorite things this week.

I watched the movie Food, Inc. this week and it was very eye-opening for me on how my food is grown and treated. If you subscribe to Netflix, you can stream the movie on your computer.

This week, Tsh of Simple Mom started the next discussion in her Book Club on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families. I am enjoying the book and the discussion is really forcing me to think through the choices my family has made and why we made them (or why we simply defaulted into certain routines).

If you haven't heard about Project 52: Date Nights, then head on over to Simply Modern Mom and join the fun as couples agree to have a date night every week. On Tuesday, all the participants link up at Simple Modern Mom and share their date experiences and suggestions.

As for crafting, I have been working on the fabulous Lil' Sweetheart Purse from Betz White. My little toddler loves putting things in a bag and taking them out, and the Lil' Sweetheart Purse will be a perfect Valentine's Day addition. If you aren't familiar with the work of Betz White, you will fall in love with her projects.

Finally, I loved listening to Elizabeth Gilbert's new book Committed. Gilbert wrote Eat, Pray, Love, which I also thoroughly enjoyed, but her honest and thorough discussion of marriage was fascinating. Elizabeth Gilbert reads the audiobook herself and she did an outstanding job.

What did you enjoy this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment