Thursday, February 4, 2010

Date Night 1: Movie


Last Saturday was our first date night since my husband and I committed to Project 52: Date Night. I decided to start slowly, especially since my husband was somewhat swamped at work. We watched The Hangover, which was pretty funny. We sat on the couch together, no laptops. no iphones, just laughing and talking. One of the better Saturday nights I've had recently.

This Saturday is my husband's birthday, so I have booked a babysitter and we are going out to eat! It will be nice to go out to eat and focus on each other rather than making sure that the Wee One is properly fed and not screaming.

Here are some great ideas for at-home date nights from Tiffany Bird at The Mother Huddle. I can't wait to use some of these, but I'm always looking for more ideas. What are your suggestions for at-home date nights?

1 comment:

  1. that's a great start! we are suckers for movies, too. i got nathan netflix for a month while he was out of school christmas break. we vegged out the whole month in front of our tv.

    i'm glad you are joining us. can't wait to read more of your dates. have a great time celebrating your husband's birthday this weekend. until next week!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete