Thursday, February 18, 2010

Date Night 3: Game Night


On our third date as a part of Project 52: Date Nights, I decided to go old-school and play Trivial Pursuit. I was at a thrift store a few weeks ago, and they had an original Trivial Pursuit game for $1.50, and I thought that would be a good investment.

Now, there is something I have to confess. I am a highly competitive person. I have a really hard time not competing, especially when there is a game involved. I make jokes and pretend not to mind when I don't do well, but really, I am dying inside. I know this is an aspect of my personality that I need to work on, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to do so. I have to be nice and play well because it is date night!

While I was somewhat nervous about how this would go over, we had a good time. We actually played pretty evenly, so one person wasn't way out ahead of the other, which helped. I got to know the History and Arts & Literature questions, and John got to beat me on the Science and Sports & Leisure questions. A hint for anyone about to play original Trivial Pursuit - know everything you can about the JFK assassination and you will do really well on the History questions. Also, if there is a hockey question, answer Bobby Orr.

I would really like to have future game nights and perhaps play something other than Trivial Pursuit. What are your game suggestions for two people?

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the tips on trivial pursuit. it made me laugh. :) Nathan and i are also big into games (board games) and it is hard to find two player games. if we think of any, we'll let you know! thanks for linking and we'll see you next week!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for fun stay home date night ideas, too! Last night we played gin--whoever won the hand got to snack on the PB m&m's until they lost, then they had to hand the bag over. It was fun...no TV, just talking and laughing at how long I dragged the hand out when it was my turn to snack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of a snack incentive. Not that I need any additional reasons to want to win!

    ReplyDelete