I have been on the hunt for the perfect granola for months. After baking a batch this morning, I think I have found the perfect recipe. It tastes a little bit like Honey Bunches of Oats, which just happens to be my favorite cereal. My biggest critic, the Wee One, gobbled it down for her snack, so it can't be all bad.
7 cups oats
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 lb. dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine oats, wheat germ, sliced almonds, and sunflower seeds in large bowl.
- Combine agave nectar, oil, salt, and vanilla extract in small bowl. Pour liquid mixture into oat mixture and combine.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, stirring about every 15 minutes. Cool granola on baking sheet.
- Once granola is cool, combine granola and dried fruit.
- Store granola in an air-tight container.
Photo courtesy of Elena Moiseeva/Dreamstimefree.com.