Tuesday, December 14, 2010

11 Things



Day 11:  11 Things.  What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011?  How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

Wow.  11 Things.  That sounds like a lot.  Here goes:

1.  More stuff.  Making my life simpler is going to be a goal for 2011.

2.  Stress eating.  If I find an effective solution, I'll let you know.

3.  Valuing other people's opinions more than my own.  This is just a conscious decision that I have to make.

4.  Yelling.  I'm not a big yeller, but when I reach my breaking point, my anger flashes out.  This is not an effective coping technique.  I need to release some of the tension before I lose control.

5.  Perfectionism.  I am slowly working on this.  I have been trying to abide by the rule that a little is better than nothing at all.  Spending just 5 minutes decluttering toys might not completely clean up the living room, but it is better than not decluttering at all.

6.  Laundry piles.  Why can't I just fold the clean clothes and put them away?

7.  That list of books that I think I should read, but don't have any interest in reading.  I think I should read Moby Dick, but I really don't want to.  The same goes for Ulysses and everything by William Faulkner.  I accept that I may be missing some amazing pieces of literature that I would love if I actually read them.  Maybe I will read them at some time in the future.  What I resolve is that I will stop feeling guilty for reading my favorite historical-mystery-romance novel instead.

8.  Grey hair.  Something has to be done.  I'm not that old.

9.  Waiting.  Too often I put things off because it doesn't seem like the right time.  I keep waiting for the perfect time.  The best time is now.

10.  Sarcasm.  It is my default response when I am upset or angry and it rarely helps the situation.  

11.  Late nights.  I love the idea of staying up late and enjoying the relative silence, but I am grumpy and irritable the next day.  It just isn't worth it.

This post was written in response to the daily prompt at #reverb10, allowing you to reflect on 2010 and manifest what's next.

2 comments:

  1. #8 L'Oreal Excellence Creme. If I haven't screwed up my hair yet, you should be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph! I tried a couple of times and the color was either way too dark (sometimes I refuse to believe that my natural color is no longer black) or too red.

    ReplyDelete