Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beautifully Different

Day 8:  Beautifully Different:  Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up.  Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.  - Karen Walrond



In a way, it is very easy for me to think about the ways in which I am different as I feel different from most people most of the time.  However, I generally consider those differences a bad thing, not something that makes me beautiful.

Beautiful is defined as "having qualities that give great pelasure or satisfaction to see, hear think about, etc; delighting the sense or mind."

What makes me different?

I say no more often than I say yes.  Now, that doesn't mean that I actually say no to requests, because I very rarely do that.  However, I am very careful not to overcommit myself.  Hopefully that results in a happier family because we are not over scheduled and also allows me to have some flexibility in my life.

This post was written in response to the daily prompt at #reverb10, allowing you to reflect on 2010 and manifest what's next.

1 comment:

  1. It is a start, but I know there is more that shines through. Perhaps you are silly, more thoughtful than most...

    ReplyDelete