Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Community

Day 7:  Community.  Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010?  What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?  - Cali Harris



Community is difficult for me.  I really, really want to be part of a community, but my personality does not make it easy for me to fully commit to people.

That wasn't always true.  As a young child, there wasn't a person I didn't want to talk to or activity that I didn't want to try.  That began to change in junior high.  Junior high was three years of hell.  I was outspoken, smart, and overweight.  That is not a good combination.  It wasn't as bad in high school, but the damage had already been done.

College was a revelation for me.  I found great friends and had a wonderful community.  Unfortunately, one of the friends I made turned out to be a bad choice.  That one mistake has made me much less likely to want to make friends.  It is the easier thing to do.

However, it is possible that it is not the best rule of life.  Perhaps that should be something I work on in 2011.

This post was written in response to the daily prompt at #reverb10, allowing you to reflect on 2010 and manifest what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment