Sunday, December 5, 2010

Let Go

December 5th - Let Go

"Let Go.  What (or whom) did you let go of this year?  Why"  - Alice Bradley

This year, I let go of the embarrassment.  I have always been unusually concerned about what other people thought of my choices.  I think it comes from my misguided belief that I should be someone other than who I am.

In her book The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin establishes 12 Personal Commandments and the first one is to Be Gretchen.  This was a revelation for me.  For the first time, I started considering whether my choices were true to myself rather than conforming to how I think I should be behaving.

I'm still trying to figure out everything that Being Claire means, but I do know:



I love reading historical mysteries, preferably ones that have a great romance.



I love writing letters.



I love making things with my hands.



I love being a stay-at-home mom.

This post was written in response to the daily prompt at #reverb10, allowing you to reflect on 2010 and manifest what's next.

3 comments:

  1. All activities which would make any woman joyful. You Go girl...be yourself and be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Being ourselves is the best gift for our souls~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This realization hit home for me just within the last few years, too, and I've been happier and less stressed since. I'm glad you've reached it and I hope you really enjoy doing what you love. We all should!

    ReplyDelete