Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tender heart


I am a huge fan of Lisa Leonard's jewelry.  John, if you are reading (which he isn't), you could make me supremely happy with a piece of Lisa's jewelry for any occasion. While I was familiar with Lisa's jewelry, I only recently discovered her blog, but I am so glad that I did.  On her blog, Lisa gives glimpses of her life and home and writes beautifully about life, love, and family.

Recently, Lisa featured a paint and glitter project that I loved.  I have been thinking a lot about starting to paint.  I was never a painter and I find it rather scary, but I am still drawn to painting.  The project was simple, yet Lisa's finished product was gorgeous.  Mine (pictured above) didn't turn out as well as I wanted, but I'm trying to embrace the imperfections in life, so it is displayed in my house.  Still, just diving into a painting project was thrilling.  Thank you for inspiration, Lisa.


Sweet Shot Day

4 comments:

  1. Such a great project! I love this photo, it's so bright & glittery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice DOF. Luuuuv the sparkly painting...perfect for valentines!!!! as would be the Lisa Leonard jewelry! Here's hoping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shot...I saw her tut on this...yours turned out LOVELY!! Way to embrace your love of painting - keep it up - there is no wrong way to do it - just to enjoy the process :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embracing new hobbies is always a good thing. Plus, it looks good from here.

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete